I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Crafty Progress

I've been setting myself some crafty goals and I'm happy to say that I'm making progress with my to-do list. For the latter half of August, I wanted to start piecing a quilt I've been intending to make for myself for some time now. I'm using the Chelsea's Boutique pattern from Moda with some fabrics I've collected here and there over the last year or so. Right now, I don't have much exciting to show--just a few four patch blocks that I've ironed. I'm so glad to be working on this finally and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!


I've also made progress on the Back to School U-Neck Vest from Fitted Knits that I'm working on in a sweater knitting class. I'm almost done with the ribbing and I think it looks like it might just fit me (fingers crossed!). I really love the color and feel of the yarn and I'm hoping to finish it at the end of September--just in time to wear it a bit this fall.


I finished the samples for the Amigurumi class I'm teaching, as I mentioned in my previous post. I also set myself the goal of finishing a couple of unfinished amigurumi projects--a doll named Eva from the Sarita pattern that Owlishly so generously gave me earlier this summer, and a cat that I had finished but needed an outfit.



Finally, I whipped up an amigurumi cactus for my friend Germán, who has been anxiously waiting for one since he paged through Amigurumi World and laid eyes on the pattern.


What's ahead for me in September? Lots!

1. Finish embroidering a tea mat for Lucas. I'm using Navy Kona cotton and white embroidery thread to stitch Asian designs I found on the hoop love flickr group.
2. Finish the vest!
3. Make a tablerunner as practice for a class I'll be teaching. I chose fall colors and I'm planning to give it as a gift to a friend who will be getting married in October.
4. Finish piecing my quilt top.
5. Crochet some snowflakes. I'm taking a class and I'm really excited to make them--they look like fun and I think the teacher, Laura, is great!
6. I'm taking a needle felting class, because really, why should I stop at crocheting cute animals when there are so many methods for creating cuteness? If you don't know what I mean, check out some of the Japanese needle felting books. The cuteness is killing me.

So, if I manage to get all of this done in the next 29 days, I'll work on crocheting a baby blanket for some friends who are expecting their third child. Gotta make sure the younger kids get a few things made especially for them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Goodness! All those projects AND NYOBE? You're my hero!
Solstitches said…
Pretty blocks. I love the fabric line you're using.
The amigurumi are so cute and make me smile :)

Labels

Show more