Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Crochet Finishes

Many thanks to all of you for your good wishes for our move and kind comments on Miss Marple! We are enjoying our new place quite a lot and the sewing room, which I sometimes like to call "The Stitchery", is fantastic! It is so nice to have everything easily accessible and have space to leave a project out if I wish.

I have managed several small finishes over the past few months and am almost done with another quilt. I can hardly believe it--two in one year! :) I'll be posting photos of the projects here and there as I am able.

Today's finishes are of the crochet kind. Sadly, I've not done much in the way of amigurumi lately but I hope to change that soon!

Here is one recent finish--actually, I think I crocheted him up in May but didn't have glue to attach the stick!
Lemon Lollypop Bear is from a pattern by Berrysprite who makes some of the most adorable amis I have seen.

The final three photos are all from patterns in the book Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Lacy Crochet. I love this book and I recommend it for anyone interested in lace crochet.


These first two doilies were a birthday gift for my mom. I used DMC Cebelia crochet cotton size 10 in peach and off-white.

The final doily is also DMC Cebelia in a minty green shade and the off-white. I made it as a gift for my mother-in-law.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Solstitches said...

You've been busy Misty!
Some very pretty finishes here.
I love all three of your crochet doily's and the little lollypop bear is just so cute.