I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Nyan Nyan Nyanko!

When I went to visit Lucas in Taiwan about four years ago, I had my first encounter with Nyanko--a Japanese toy. It's a little white kitty that disguises itself as food because it is shy. I was smitten--I love kitties--and kitties dressed as food are surprisingly cute. I bought a couple packs of stickers and a little figurine of a kitten dressed as onigiri (pictured below).

Last week a free pattern for Nyanko dressed as a tangerine and as shrimp tempura appeared on Ravelry by designer, Katy Yellen (Catzilla Crafts). I was so excited that I started right in on crocheting one. I had so much fun making it! Here she is:


Here is the Ravelry Link.

Here is a brief ad for Nyanko in Japanese.



It is cute and somewhat creepy. I think what makes it disturbing is the thought that someone might mistake one of these kitties for food and actually eat it. Not that they are very well disguised--perhaps they are just fooling themselves that they are hiding successfully?

Comments

Labels

Show more