I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Hmm, that was longer than I expected

I didn't really intend to skip out on my blog for the whole summer but I ended up doing a fair amount of traveling and crafting and never got around to posting.

School is back in session which means I'm settling into the hectic fall routine again. But I had lots of fun on my summer vacation!

I saw a couple of houses designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.

I went to Maine.


I quilted.

Prairie Moons Quilt With Border Fabric Audition

The borders are actually on this quilt now. This photo is of the border fabric auditions, plus my messy workspace.




I started a hand applique project! This is from the book Fat Quarter Quilting. I'm working on my needleturn applique skills, although the stems were made using the Clover bias tape maker.

I knitted. And knitted.

Silk Garden Entrelac Scarf

I tried Entrelac knitting using Noro Silk Garden. Details on my Ravelry page here.



Miss BB

I finished the cardigan I started in January. I really loved knitting this pattern and the yarn was gorgeous. Pattern: Miss BB by Chic Knits. Yarn: Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed. More details on my Ravelry Page.


Baby Surprise Jacket

I knitted the ubiquitous BSJ (Baby Surprise Jacket) by Elizabeth Zimmerman. This is going to be a Christmas gift for my niece who just gave birth earlier this month to her first baby. Details here.


I crocheted.


Larger Than Life Bag

Larger Than Life Bag from Interweave Crochet Spring 2008. I changed the Willow square to another square in the 200 Crochet Blocks book called "Dahlia." Yarn for the Dahlias is Lamb's Pride Worsted and Harrisville Highland is the green on the sides. Details.


Jack-O-Lantern Filet Crochet

I just finished this awesome project this morning. It's a cute little Jack-O-Lantern filet pattern from Cozyhomelife. This was really fun to make and it kicks off my autumn/Halloween crafting season! Details.

I made a list of projects to complete during the summer. My next post will look at how I fared and my fall plans. Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Labels

Show more