I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Thinking About Tile Quilts

Have you heard of the book, Tile Quilt Revival?

Tile Quilt Revival

This book has been on my wish list for a while and I finally acquired it the other day. I love the idea of tile quilts. I'm just starting to learn applique and I like that all of the shapes feel more free form than your typical applique. I could draw up a block and plan my pieces or just start with a piece and work out from the middle--completely unplanned. The piecing is like crazy quilting, in a sense. That's how it's described, as a cross between applique and crazy quilting. You can read a bit more about it on Barbara Brackman's blog, Material Culture.

Some inspiration from Flickr:


Thinking About Tile Quilts
1. New pillow with mates
2. Tile quilt
3. Lotus
4. Tile Quilts Class with Diane Rode Schneck
5. tile quilt

I've got my first piece of fabric with a beautiful floral design on it. I'm ready to give it a try! My goal for September with this project is to get started on a tile block.

Comments

Labels

Show more