I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

April Pattern Pact

Do you ever have a period of time where it seems like none of your crafting projects are going well and you are constantly ripping seams or ripping back? That's how things have been going for me lately. I've lost a bit of confidence in my abilities and feel like a bad knitter. I think it was wise to pick some low intensity projects for April's Pattern Pact projects.

Behold my proposed projects:


March 2011 Pattern Pact Pt1

Yes, a hat. That's about all I can handle right now. :) I made this hat in the fall for Lucas. He wears it all the time and it is particularly good for wearing under a bike helmet (it's called a biking hat). I've been meaning to make one for myself because I want to avoid the misery of cold ears while biking. I'll be making this second version in Rowan Felted Tweed, too. I can't say enough about how wonderful this yarn is to work with!


March 2011 Pattern Pact Pt2

Once I've knit my hat and regained some confidence in my skills, I would like to knit one of these cute kitties. They're from a Japanese craft book I own and I've looked over the pattern enough times that I think I'm ready to do it (I don't speak Japanese). My kitty will be pink and brown, the colors of strawberry and chocolate.

How is your crafting going? Do you have any specific goals for April?

Comments

staci said…
I know exactly the feeling...sometimes it seems like nothing works out. Love the hat and cat projects you've chosen!
Jaye said…
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I do not rip my fabric for no other reason than I cannot stand the sound of ripping fabric! It is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. UGH! I haven't tried preparing fabric the way she prepares it. Thanks for your kind comments about my review.
Jaye
http://artquiltmaker.com/blog
Jaye said…
Sorry! was talking about the comment you left at: http://artquiltmaker.com/blog/2011/04/book-review-quilters-academy1/

Have a great day!
Jaye
Voie de Vie said…
Thanks so much for your kind words about my article. And I'm with you - I'm glad many immigrants kept their crafting skills when they finally got here!

In terms of project and skill mojo - I absolutely go in spurts. That's why I love to both knit and crochet - when the mojo goes in one, I pick up the other, and then lo and behold! mojo reappears. :)

Labels

Show more