I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Let the Summer Sewing Begin!

In my last post, I mentioned that I have been hankering to do some sewing, especially sewing bags. I came across a tutorial on the Sew Mama Sew blog, Wallet to tote on the Go that looked fun and gave it a try. The project is a small tote that can fold in on itself and zip up into a wallet.

Morphing Wallet Tote


I really love this owl fabric!

I acquired some new skills while making this bag: sewing a zipper around a curve, working with nylon (the lining), and making a welt cutout for a small zipper. After I sewed the first one, I decided to leave out the wallet part and just make it a convertible tote. I assumed I could remember the steps reasonably well (hah) but I didn't and I had to resew and rip a few times. Oops!

Sew Happy Together


I think I'll be making more of these as Christmas gifts. They're a fun little project to make. Next week, I'll be sewing something new. Maybe a roll up grocery bag?

Have you run across any fun tutorials lately that you're excited to try? I really want to make the Buttercup Bag sometime soon.

Comments

Labels

Show more