I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

What's on My Couch is What's on My Mind

An intriguing title, no?

I have a tendency to get lots of ideas and projects going and they pile up on my couch! Today, I thought I would show you my (very old) couch and give you a peek into the workings of my mind.

What's on my couch is what's on my mind

Item 1.: My knitting bag which contains this lovely sweater, Cerisara.



Cerisara in progress

I have ripped and re-knit parts of this sweater so many times, I can't even say for sure--maybe 5? But I love it and I think I now know what's going on with the pattern and I am finally cooking along! So I want to make one or two button holes for the front of this sweater which leads me to...

Item 2. Knitting books. Okay, I think I've reached a point in my knitting where the average knitting book is not helpful with more advanced techniques, like how to decide how big to make your button hole and how far in to place it from the edge of the button band. Hmm. Maybe I should go consult Elizabeth Zimmerman. Somehow, I forgot about her!

Item 3. I've been bitten by the sewing bug. I think this is an annual summer occurrence. By the way, I really like this book, Stitch by Stitch, because it is thorough, walks you through a series of skill-building projects, and the author has a good sense of humor. What I really want to make is a bunch of project bags for my knitting and crochet. I think I'll be sewing lots of bags this summer.

Item 4. Reuse! I'm on a mission to make reusable produce bags. I really hate using all of those plastic bags at the grocery store and throwing them away. This one is probably 3/4 completed and sort of looks like a pretty doily right now.

Item 5. Potholders! If you've seen my flickr stream or Ravelry page, you'll have noticed a sudden output of crocheted potholders. I was really inspired by the 2011 potholder swap and decided to make more. It's been really fun and satisfying to work on projects that I can finish relatively quickly. Here's a closer look at that pile.



Star Cloth
Star Cloth

Okay, technically this is a dishcloth, but I considered using the pattern for a potholder.


Heart Potholders
Grandma's Heart Square (with modifications, as you can see, it is not square)

I was inspired by SummerMelody on Ravelry to try this after seeing her potholders for the swap.


Fanciful Flower 2

Fanciful Flower Potholder 1
Fanciful Flower

I joined the crochet along for this flower in the Good Things Together Group on Ravelry. It's been fun seeing all the different details and color choices people have been adding to their own versions.


Who Cooks for You Potholder
Who Cooks for You?

This was another one I spied in the Potholder Swap that I really wanted to make. A very fun and clever pattern!

So, that's what's on my couch and on my mind! How about you? What is filling your crafty spaces and thoughts these days?

Comments

Labels

Show more