I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Oh, man, it's been a long time

I am so behind in all the things I want to blog about! I think I'll just work on it bit by bit to catch you up on all the fun projects I've been working on this fall. Fall is by far the busiest time of year for me, so it is hard to find time to knit, crochet, quilt, etc. as much as I'd like and it's even harder to find time to blog about it.

Today I present to you the quilt, Trick or Treat Baskets. I think this may be the only quilt I've finished this year. *blushes*

Trick Or Treat Baskets

I took some great classes on working with diamonds and Y-Seams this summer. The first set of classes focused on the Lemoyne Star and the second set was about subdividing diamonds and making these diamond baskets. The instructor, Barbara Lenox, was fantastic and I had a blast!

basket close-up


I thought it would be fun to use a bit of my small stash of Halloween fabrics and it was! I really love the way the fabrics play together and the prints are awesome. This only makes me want to collect more of them. :)

Trick or Treat Baskets Center Web

This was the first time I made a quilt with blocks on point. I decided to quilt spider webs into the purple setting triangles/square. I drew them out on paper and traced them onto Solvy, which I intended to adhere to the fabric and then I would quilt without marking the fabric. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get the Solvy to adhere. Depending on the setting of my iron, it did nothing or melted. When all else fails, just use pins.

Another Web

I love how this quilt turned out! Thanks to Barbara for the great class and to Cynthia for her sound advice regarding my fabric choices. I finished this the day after Halloween and didn't get to hang it on the wall this year. I'm really looking forward to putting it up next year!

Comments

Labels

Show more