I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

That Weaving Stuff I Mentioned

Several weeks ago, I mentioned that I had gotten some weaving done late in 2012.  Here is what I worked on:


1st Weaving


Lovely braided Tassels

I purchased the Craftsy class on beginning weaving with Angela Tong.  It was a great class and really helped someone with no idea what she was doing (me!) manage to actually weave something without help.  I wove this too densely I realized after I finished it.  That whole 8 dent reed thing--I didn't understand that the 8 would refer to the threads per inch (oops!).

Yarn: scraps of Ella Rae Classic (blue) and Queensland Collection Rustic Tweed (purple)

My friend Meredith showed me how to use her amazing gizmo: the fringe twister.  Such a simple gadget and amazing at the same time. :)


2nd Weaving 

 This is project #2.  I used sport weight this time instead of worsted.  I paid attention to how many threads per inch I should have.  The two challenges with this scarf were, 1. I made a mistake somewhere and although I allowed for shrinkage--it was still way shorter than I intended.  It is just long enough to still be a scarf for an adult.  2. Somehow the selvedges were really tight compared with the rest of the warp on the loom.  Not sure how I managed that but then I don't really know what I am doing, so I managed it pretty easily. :)

Yarn: Louet Gems Merino Sport (golden yellow) and a sport weight alpaca from my step-sister.  She has an alpaca farm and sends her fiber to a mill to be spun into yarn.  The yarn is a mix of her own animals and those of the other farmers who send their fiber in.

Thanks to Cynthia Spencer for taking great pics of the scarves one Sunday morning.

Comments

Labels

Show more