I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Trip to Autumn House Farm

In mid-February I joined some knitter friends on a retreat at Autumn House farm just outside of Punxsutawney, PA.  My portion of the retreat was short--just Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, but I was looking forward to knitting, relaxing and meeting the sheep.


Autumn House Farm
View of the farm in the early morning light
We stayed across the street in an old house with a fireplace and lots of cool antiques.


Autumn House Farm

I got the impression that the owner, Harriet, liked to collect old clocks.

Saturday night we went out to dinner and came back to the house to knit by the fireplace.  We also visited Harriet's shop where she sells her own hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn, patterns, knitting and spinning accessories, etc.


Autumn House Farm

Sunday morning we met the sheep and watched the dogs help move them around the barn.



And we met the many ginger-colored kitties.



I had never been to this part of PA before and the area and drive were really beautiful.

Comments

Labels

Show more