I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Triangle Quilt Completed!

I started a triangle quilt on Quiltcation 2014 (Cape Cod vacation in August accompanied by sewing machines).


I decided to just cut the fabric with a regular ruler but I think it would have been easier to buy a triangle ruler with a blunt point.  When I started sewing them together, it took me a bit to figure out how to line them up and my seam allowance had to be larger than normal to make it work.  Sometimes quilting still baffles me.








I got some good progress while sewing with my friend, Leslie, in our cabin.  Don't worry, we enjoyed the ocean and bike rides, too!






Back at home on the design wall.  I cut so many triangles that I have enough to make another small throw.  I should actually do that but I am not terribly motivated to make a second quilt that is exactly the same.






I got this crazy idea to quilt waves 1/2" apart after seeing some really nice wavy quilting on another blog.  At first I tried to keep the waves really precise and uniform but it just wasn't happening and was time consuming so I started to intentionally vary some of the spacing between the waves.  The quilting felt like it took a long time.






It sat completed for a while but unbound because in the fall, I switched into knitting mode.



It was finally completed at Christmas and then I had to wait for some decent weather to get an FO photo.  I love how it turned out!  Perfectly cheerful!

Comments

Wendy said…
The quilt is so happy and pretty. Especially like the orange border. Well done.
Que trabalhos lindos!seguindo seu blog,te convido a seguir o meu se puder,bjs.
Angela Santos
Very nice quilt! Thank you so much for share.
Maya Kuzman said…
I am not quilter but I love looking and admiring what other people have made.So blunt point ruler or not - for me this is gorgeous!
Jaye said…
This looks fantastic. Have you seen my triangle quilt? It is one of my Fabric of the Year quilts (http://www.artquiltmaker.com/blog/2013/03/finished-foty-2011/) and the triangles were a challenge. I love the waves you did for quilting!

Thank you for reading my blog and for your kind words.
Jaye
Villas to rent said…
WOW ! what a great color combination. its amazing. I wish you to check out this Holiday cottage

Labels

Show more