I'm on Instagram!

Follow me: knitncrochet
My photo stream http://instagram.com/knitncrochet

Scrappy Pineapple Quilt

You know how you like a quilt or a block for a quilt and then it seems like everyone is making one and the universe is telling you that you should do it, too? 

Crazymomquilts' scrappy pineapple block tutorial caught my eye.  I liked that it was a little bit improvisational but still clearly resembled a pineapple block.  I had time, inclination, and scraps so a quilt was born.

I made some test blocks and screwed them up.  :)  Good thing to make test blocks sometimes.


I made some more blocks and tried not to screw them up.  I realized that my #37 quarter inch foot is a SERIOUSLY SCANT quarter inch foot and the blocks were not coming out the correct size.  I finally noticed the quarter inch marking on the bed of the machine and played around with where to position the fabric to get an actual quarter inch seam.



Six blocks seemed like enough.  I am noticing a theme this summer of just making small projects and calling it good.  I had thought of joining the My Small World QAL and have the fabrics and pattern but given how my summer has been going, I think I will hold off on a large commitment a bit longer.




I am not sure how I want to quilt it.  I am thinking maybe a spiral inside of each block.  I am also undecided if I will keep this for myself or gift it to someone else.  It is hanging out while I work on some other projects.

Comments

Labels

Show more